We are pleased to announce the release of WooCommerce 5.9. This is a minor release and everything should be backwards compatible with the previous version.
This release contains:
- 410 commits from 25 contributors in WooCommerce Core
- 89 commits from 20 contributors in WooCommerce Admin
- 120 commits from 19 contributors in WooCommerce Blocks
As always, we recommend creating a backup of your site and making sure that your theme and any other plugins are compatible before updating. You can check out this update guide for more information.
What’s new in 5.9?
- WooCommerce Blocks 6.1: Blocks package have been updated to 6.1. Please take a look at the release posts for 6.0.1, 6.0.2 and 6.1.0 to see what’s new and improved.
- WooCommerce Admin 2.8.0: WooCommerce Admin package has also been updated to 2.8.0 with this release of WooCommerce. See the changelog for details on what’s new in this version (and also on previous versions 2.7.1 and 2.7.2)
- Marketplace page redesign: The WooCommerce marketplace page shows a refreshed look, and app cards shows additional bits of information like icons, ratings and reviews. See #30900 and #30840.
- Variable product price caching fix: There was a caching issue that caused incorrect variable product prices to be displayed when VAT exemption was involved. #30889
- Empty billing email via REST API: It is now possible to specify an empty billing email to remove it from an order via REST API. #30850
- Unpaid order cancellation scheduling fix: When the scheduled action to cancel an unpaid order failed it wasn’t re-scheduled for retry. #30830
- Tax location when adding products via admin fix: When a product was added to an order via admin, and the
woocommerce_adjust_non_base_location_pricesfilter was set to return
false(to calculate taxes based on the customer location, not thee shop location), the location for the taxes was being taken from the admin user, not from the user who performed the order. #30692
- We have reverted a change that prepended the
currency-info.phpfile name with a path in
locale-info.php, that extra path wasn’t really needed and was causing issues in 3rd party applications. #31036
- We have improved the handling of downloadable files hosted on the server to better enforce file type check.
These are just some of the changes that are included in WooCommerce 5.9. You can find the complete changelog for this release in the changelog.txt file.
Actions and Filters
There are no new actions or filters in this release.
There are no database changes in this release.
There are no template changes in this release.
Reposted from WooCommerce