The fifth minor release of 2021, WooCommerce 5.4, has been officially released! We’ve been hard at work and this release has
- 336 commits from 25 contributors in WooCommerce Core
- 125 commits from 24 contributors in WooCommerce Admin
- 143 commits from 14 contributors in WooCommerce Blocks
This is another minor release and so you should expect everything included to be backwards compatible with the previous version.
As always, we recommend creating a backup of your site and making sure that the themes and plugins are compatible before updating. You can check out this update guide for more information.
What’s new in 5.4?
- jQuery 3 Compatibility: In preparation for WordPress Core’s plan to update jQuery, we have addressed our usage of it accordingly. (#29044)
- WooCommerce Blocks 5.1.0: The package update includes 5.0.0 and 5.1.0. Please note that most content included in Blocks updates is not present in WooCommerce unless the WooCommerce Blocks feature plugin is active.
- WooCommerce Admin 2.3.1: This package update includes a number of fixes and quality of life tweaks.
These are just some of the changes that are included in WooCommerce 5.4. You can find the complete changelog for this release in the changelog.txt file.
Our aim is to maintain backwards compatibility through every release unless otherwise noted. This section contains any alternations that may be noteworthy for developers in pursuit of that.
We’ve added the
dates_are_gmt parameter to coupon, product, and order collection endpoints. When
true, this parameter causes the
before date fields to check
post_date_gmt instead of the local time variant.
Actions & Filters
There are no changes to actions or filters in this release.
There are no database changes in this release.
There are no changes to templates in this release.
Reposted from WooCommerce