We’re excited to announce that WooCommerce 5.1 is now released! This is the third minor release of 2021 and has
- 279 commits from 37 contributors in WooCommerce core.
- 109 commits from 22 contributors in the WooCommerce Admin package.
- 175 commits from 18 contributors in the WooCommerce Gutenberg Products Block package.
This is a minor release, which means everything is backward compatible with the previous version.
As always, we recommend creating a backup of your site and making sure that themes and plugins are compatible before updating. You can check out this update guide for more information.
What’s new in 5.1?
- WooCommerce Blocks 4.4: Blocks package have been updated to 4.4.3. Please take a look at the release post to see what’s new and improved.
- WooCommerce Admin 2.0.2: WooCommerce Admin package has also been updated to 2.0.2 with this release of WooCommerce. This new package contains lots of bug fixes and stability improvements. Changes can be found here.
Notable fixes and improvements
- jQuery 3 deprecated items: This will be an ongoing effort to fully remove all deprecated jQuery 3 items from core. #28753
- Updating order tax: Previously after recalculating totals when tax setting has changed (such as name and/or rate), the tax name does not update in the order meta. This has been fixed. #28983
- Notices not going away: Previously when trying to close an admin notice such as the “Database has been updated” notice, this notice keeps reappearing. This has been fixed. #28500
You can find the complete changelog for this release in the changelog.txt file.
Filters and actions
We have added two new filters in this release.
|woocommerce_exporter_product_types||Filter to allow third-parties to filter the exportable product types. #28950|
|woocommerce_cancel_unpaid_orders_interval_minutes||Filter to change the interval minutes for holding stock on cancel/unpaid orders. #28933|
This release does not introduce any database changes.
This release does not introduce any changes to templates.
Reposted from WooCommerce