We’re excited to announce that WooCommerce 5.2 is now released! This is the third minor release of 2021 and has
- 456 commits from 27 contributors in WooCommerce core.
- 109 commits from 25 contributors in the WooCommerce Admin package.
- 148 commits from 15 contributors in the WooCommerce Gutenberg Products Block package.
This is a minor release, which means everything is backward compatible with the previous version.
As always, we recommend creating a backup of your site and making sure that themes and plugins are compatible before updating. You can check out this update guide for more information.
What’s new in 5.2?
- WooCommerce Blocks 4.7: Blocks package has been updated to 4.7. Please take a look at the release posts for 4.7, 4.6, 4.5.2 and 4.5.1 to see what’s new and improved.
- WooCommerce Admin 2.1.5: WooCommerce Admin package has also been updated to 2.1.5 with this release of WooCommerce. This new package contains lots of bug fixes and stability improvements. Changes (also for the intermediate versions up to 2.0.3) can be found here (for 2.1.5 itself, the changes are some tweaks on the store setup wizard based on the country where the shop is located).
Notable fixes and improvements
- Fix for the country code verification on checkout: WooCommerce 5.1 introduced an extra check so that it’s not possible to perform a successful checkout when submitting an invalid country code, but that introduced a bug that caused a ” is not a valid country error in some circumstances, for example when using PayPal checkout. Fixed in #29606.
- Low stock threshold for variations: The stock amount that triggers a low stock warning email can now be properly configured for individual variations on variable products. #29345
- Dropdowns fix: With the updated version of jQuery on the newest WordPress some dropdowns (e.g. product attributes filter) became unusable, it’s fixed now. #29397
- Product categories widget item count fix: The items count in the product categories widget item count not always showing the correct number, it’s fixed now. Also, a new hook has been added to disable the recounting of items. #29281
- New shop setup widget: A new “WooCommerce Setup” widget is added to promote users to finish the onboarding tasks, it shows only when there are unfinished tasks. #29174
- Updated net sales link: The “net sales” link in the dashboard now points to the new analytics screen when WooCommerce Admin is enabled. #29149
- Improved handling of downloadable file paths: Strip
///sequences in downloadable file paths to prevent access to absolute paths. #28699
- REST API: Add support for “order” and “class” types for shipping method zones: The shipping method zone endpoint wasn’t accepting settings of these types, it’s fixed now. #29218
- REST API: Fix wrong taxonomy caching in term and product attributes controllers: The taxonomy from the first request was being reused in further requests when those were performed programmatically. #29115
- REST API: Make the refunds creation endpoint accept input as documented: The input for the endpoint accepts now the input as described in the documentation (no breaking changes introduced). #29099
You can find the complete changelog for this release in the changelog.txt file.
Filters and actions
We have added two new filters in this release.
|woocommerce_product_recount_terms||Filter to allow/prevent recounting of terms as it could be expensive, e.g. when bulk importing products. #29281|
|woocommerce_ajax_order_items_removed||Action that fires after order items are removed. #29241|
This release does not introduce any database changes.
This release does not introduce any changes to templates.
Reposted from WooCommerce