We are pleased to announce the release of WooCommerce 7.5.0. This release should be backwards compatible with the previous version.
This release contains:
- 278 commits from 55 contributors in WooCommerce Core.
- 170 commits from 28 contributors in WooCommerce Blocks.
As always, we recommend creating a backup of your site and making sure that your theme and any other plugins are compatible before updating. You can check out this update guide for more information.
What’s new in 7.5.0?
Support for Style Book
Gutenberg 14.8 introduced Style Book, which allows merchants, web developers, and site admins to preview individual blocks. With the WooCommerce Blocks 9.5.0 release, the Featured Product and the Featured Category blocks are available here. This will enable the preview of any global style changes applied to these blocks.
Besides previewing blocks within the Style Book, we also migrated various blocks away from hardcoded CSS towards Global Styles. Since WooCommerce Blocks 9.5.0, the Product Button, Product Rating, and Product Price blocks utilize Global Styles.
The Product Rating block has gained support for padding global styles, making it easy to add spacing around it.
In addition to the Story Book and Global Styles improvements, we’re thrilled to introduce the following new blocks:
- Store Breadcrumbs block: Provides a clear and easy-to-follow navigation trail, allowing users to quickly understand their location within the store and facilitating navigation to previous sections.
- Product Results Count block: Displays the total number of products and how many are currently displayed, based on the global query.
- Catalog Sorting block: Allows users to sort products within a category by various criteria, such as price, popularity, and newness.
Actions and Filters Changes
There are no action or filter changes this release.
There are no template changes this release.
There are no database changes this release.
Reposted from WooCommerce
If you have a care plan with 7th Circle Designs this update will be taken care of based on your plan’s schedule. If you do not have a care plan, sign up now.