We are pleased to announce the release of WooCommerce 7.3.0. This release should be backwards compatible with the previous version.
This release contains:
- 162 commits from 44 contributors in WooCommerce Core.
- 115 commits from 21 contributors in WooCommerce Blocks.
As always, we recommend creating a backup of your site and making sure that your theme and any other plugins are compatible before updating. You can check out this update guide for more information.
What’s new in 7.3.0?
- Add Pinterest and Codisto extensions to the onboarding wizard. (#36003, #36009)
- Add a warning banner to the user when the tax settings are mismatched and in conflict. (#36010)
- Product management: improve the UI for creating attributes (#35904) and guidance around product image size and format (#35834)
- Add a new Products block, which allows listing products choosing specific criteria, as well as controlling the layout of the products in the list/grid by the various element blocks. It’s currently labelled beta because we’re still polishing it, but look forward to any feedback you can provide on the block.
- Add 3 “commerce-adjacent” patterns for WooCommerce stores. “Commerce adjacent” means that the patterns are not connected to any WooCommerce data, which gives a bit more flexibility around what you link to, the images used etc.
- Add one-click installation feature in our multichannel marketing experience (beta). You can now directly install our recommended marketing extensions that are available in WordPress.org plugins directory, without leaving wp-admin dashboard.
These are just some of the changes that are included in WooCommerce 7.3.0. You can find the complete changelog for this release in the changelog.txt file.
Actions and Filters
- ‘woocommerce_’ . $this->order_type . ‘_list_table_custom_column’ Fires for each custom column for a specific order type. This hook takes precedence over the generic action
- ‘woocommerce_’ . $this->order_type . ‘_list_table_request’ Allows 3rd parties to filter the initial request vars before defaults and other logic is applied.
- ‘woocommerce_’ . $this->order_type . ‘_list_table_prepare_items_query_args’ Same as
woocommerce_order_list_table_prepare_items_query_argsbut for a specific order type.
- ‘woocommerce_’ . $this->order_type . ‘_list_table_default_statuses’ Allows 3rd parties to set the default list of statuses for a given order type.
- ‘woocommerce_’ . $this->order_type . ‘_list_table_order_count’ Allows 3rd parties to modify the count of orders by status.
- ‘woocommerce_order_list_table_restrict_manage_orders’ Fires before the “Filter” button on the list table for orders and other order types.
- ‘woocommerce_order_list_table_extra_tablenav’ Fires immediately following the closing “actions” div in the tablenav for the order list table.
- ‘woocommerce_’ . $this->order_type . ‘_list_table_columns’ Filters the list of columns.
- ‘woocommerce_’ . $this->order_type . ‘_list_table_sortable_columns’ Filters the list of sortable columns.
There are no database changes in this release.
There are no deprecations in this release.
Reported from WooCommerce
If you have a care plan with 7th Circle Designs this update will be taken care of based on your plan’s schedule. If you do not have a care plan, sign up now.