We are pleased to announce the release of WooCommerce 6.0. This is a major release but everything should be backwards compatible with the previous version.
Due to internal process changes, the WooCommerce 6.0 release was delayed by one day. This allowed for us to complete some additional testing, and we don’t anticipate a delay for the WooCommerce 6.1 release.
This release contains:
- 356 commits from 27 contributors in WooCommerce Core
- 117 commits from 20 contributors in WooCommerce Admin
- 194 commits from 25 contributors in WooCommerce Blocks
As always, we recommend creating a backup of your site and making sure that your theme and any other plugins are compatible before updating. You can check out this update guide for more information.
What’s new in 6.0?
- WooCommerce Blocks: We’ve updated to the 6.3.4 version of the feature plugin. See the release posts for 6.3.2 and 6.2.0 to find out what’s new.
- WooCommerce Admin: We’ve updated to the 2.9.2 version of the feature plugin. See the changelog to find out what’s new.
- Product Attribute Filtering: With this release, we are entering the final stages of delivering our revamp of product attribute filtering. We have removed the need for a code snippet to show the feature; both the feature flag and system tool is now available for all merchants.
- Rate Limit Table: In order to address the performance issues caused by storing rate limits in the options table, we have created a new table to hold rate limit entries. See #30960 for more details.
These are just some of the changes that are included in WooCommerce 6.0. You can find the complete changelog for this release in the changelog.txt file.
Actions and Filters
This release adds two actions:
|woocommerce_product_options_shipping_product_data||After the shipping options in the product data metabox. #30876|
|woocommerce_after_variations_table||After the variations table on the add-to-cart form. #29642|
This release adds two filters:
|woocommerce_quantity_input_autocomplete||Allows filtering the ‘autocomplete’ attribute for quantity inputs. #31196|
|woocommerce_has_block_template||Filters the return value of the block template check. #30997|
|templates/emails/customer-new-account.php||Removed the generated password and replaced with a reset link.|
|templates/emails/plain/customer-new-account.php||Removed the generated password and replaced with a reset link.|
|templates/myaccount/form-login.php||Changed the text informing users that the password will be emailed to them to inform them that a reset link will be sent to them.|
Reposted from WooCommerce