We are pleased to announce the release of WooCommerce 5.8. This is a minor release and everything should be backwards compatible with the previous version.
This release contains:
- 199 commits from 19 contributors in WooCommerce Core
- 91 commits from 24 contributors in WooCommerce Admin
- 90 commits from 17 contributors in WooCommerce Blocks
- 63 commits from 6 contributors in Action Scheduler
As always, we recommend creating a backup of your site and making sure that your theme and any other plugins are compatible before updating. You can check out this update guide for more information.
What’s new in 5.8?
- The REST API now supports
modified_afterfields for product, order and coupon endpoints (#29461).
- A set of usability problems with dropdown fields have been resolved (#28966 and #30607).
- A bug that was impacting the featured status of products during quick-editing has been resolved. (#30471).
- Small fixes for the in-app marketplace (#30624 and #30625).
- Improvements made to our messaging when removing line items from within the order editor (#30650).
These are just some of the changes that are included in WooCommerce 5.8. You can find the complete changelog for this release in the changelog.txt file.
While we try to deliver releases that are free from breaking changes, it is worth highlighting a potential breaking change within the WooCommerce Admin package, stemming from the removal of a number of settings from the
wc_admin namespace within the
wc/data store. This may impact some third party code that aims to integrate with WooCommerce Admin.
Actions and Filters
Two new filters have been added:
|Allows the minimum value for the product quantity selector (within the order editor) to be changed.|
|Allows the step value for the product quantity selctor (within the order editor) to be changed.|
One filter has been changed:
|Order object is now available to callbacks via a second parameter.|
There are no database changes in this release.
There are no template changes in this release.
Reposted from WooCommerce