WooCommerce 5.6 has been officially released! We’ve been hard at work and this release has
- 256 commits from 36 contributors in WooCommerce Core
- 139 commits from 22 contributors in WooCommerce Admin
- 79 commits from 18 contributors in WooCommerce Blocks
This is another minor release and so you should expect everything included to be backwards compatible with the previous version.
As always, we recommend creating a backup of your site and making sure that the themes and plugins are compatible before updating. You can check out this update guide for more information.
What’s new in 5.6?
- Added a new options to enable a lookup table to improve filtering by product attributes.
- A new “Refunds and Returns Policy” sample page will be included by default in all installations, Merchants can chose to publish this page if they want to.
- WooCommerce Blocks 5.4.1, and 5.5.1. These updates contain a number of enhancements, bug fixes, and some improvements to allow products to be added by SKU in the Hand-Picked Products block.
- WooCommerce Admin 2.5.0. This new package contains lots of bug fixes and stability improvements.
- Improved support to Twenty Twenty-One theme.
- Added support for “Shipping Phone”, in addition to Billing Phone in email templates and in the Order’s edit screen, note that WooCommerce Shipping & Tax extension already includes a “Shipping Phone” for the checkout form.
- Fixed a problem preventing blocks from rendering when included within the shop page.
These are just some of the changes that are included in WooCommerce 5.6. You can find the complete changelog for this release in the changelog.txt file.
Our aim is to maintain backwards compatibility through every release unless otherwise noted. This section contains any alternations that may be noteworthy for developers in pursuit of that.
Actions & Filters
This release adds one hook:
|woocommerce_email_sent||Action hook fired when an email is sent from WooCommerce.|
And one update to a filter:
|woocommerce_logout_default_redirect_url||Filter the redirect URL page, used to only get applied to |
There are no database changes in this release, but a database upgrade will be necessary to install the new “Refunds and Returns Policy” sample page.
|templates/emails/email-addresses.php||Updated to display shipping phone if available.|
|templates/emails/plain/email-addresses.php||Updated to display shipping phone if available.|
|templates/order/order-details-customer.php||Updated to display shipping phone if available.|
Reposted from WooCommerce