WooCommerce 5.5.0 is a minor release, and everything included should be backwards compatible with the previous version.
This release contains:
- 210 commits from 23 contributors in WooCommerce Core.
- 207 commits from 28 contributors in WooCommerce Admin.
- 93 commits from 13 contributors in WooCommerce Blocks.
- 97 commits from 17 contributors in ActionScheduler.
As always, we recommend creating a backup of your site and making sure that the themes and plugins are compatible before updating. You can check out this update guide for more information.
What’s new in 5.5?
- Action Scheduler 3.2.0 and 3.2.1. We have updated AS library from 3.1.6 to 3.2.1 in this release. This release comes with lots of fixes, along with an additional database index to speed up performance for sites with heavy traffic.
- PayPal standard will be hidden on new installs, please use our new extension PayPal instead. This change is only applicable for new installs, exisiting sites will continue to work as expected. Read our developer advisory about this change for more details.
- IE 11 support will not be available from this version.
- We have refactored the settings page infrastructure to allow for features like import/export of settings in future releases. Please check the related developer advisory.
These are just some of the changes included in this release. You can find more details in the WooCommerce 5.5.0 Beta 1 post, and complete changelog for all the packages in the changelog file.
Reposted from WooCommerce