We’re excited to announce that WooCommerce 5.3 is now released. This is the fourth minor release of 2021 and has
- 352 commits from 30 contributors in WooCommerce Core.
- 145 commits from 29 contributors in the WooCommerce Admin package.
- 59 commits from 12 contributors in the WooCommerce Gutenberg Products Block package.
This is a minor release, which means everything is backward compatible with the previous version.
As always, we recommend creating a backup of your site and making sure that the themes and plugins are compatible before updating. You can check out this update guide for more information.
What’s new in 5.3?
- WooCommerce Blocks 4.9.1: Blocks package has been updated to 4.9.1. Please take a look at the release posts for 4.8.0, 4.9.0, and 4.9.1 to see what’s new and improved.
- WooCommerce Admin 2.2.6: WooCommerce Admin package has also been updated to 2.2.6 with this release of WooCommerce. This new package contains lots of bug fixes and stability improvements. The list of changes in the versions of WooCommerce Admin included since WooCommerce 5.2 can be found here.
You can find the complete changelog for this release in the changelog.txt file.
Filters and actions
This release has one new and one updated filter.
|Filters message about product not having enough stock accounting for what’s already in the cart. #29304|
|Added the ability to specify a handler object, such as |
This release does not introduce any database changes.
This release does not introduce any changes to templates.
Reposted from WooCommerce